1. When Jon Santos impersonates notable personalities like former Pres. Joseph Estrada with The Company
2. AJ Rafael and Kiana Valenciano Duet
3. Yeng Constantino’s OK Lang Maging Single sa Valentines
4. Pepe Smith and Rene Garcia in Rockin’ The Roots
5. Kevyn Lettau at the 2012 Philippine Jazz Festival
6. Charlie Green’s latest album
7. Gary V on Higher G
8. Bamboo Music Live
9. David Choi’s Second Tour in Manila
10. Pedicab ride
11. Sesa for youth
12. Where’s the Sheep?
13. The Elements Music Camp Mentors
14. The Ryan Cayabyab Singers
15. Joey Albert at the 70s and 80s Relived
16. PhilPop’s Grand Prize Winner is Karl Villuga’s ‘Bawat Hakbang’
17. Joey G Stand
18. Johnoy Danao’s Music
19. Kina Grannis
20. Rico Blanco’s Galactik Fiestamatik
21. Love, Baihana
22. The phenomenal I♥MLA
23. Noel Cabangon’s Tuloy ang Byahe
24. Markki Stroem’s Jazz album
25. Callalily’s FLower Power
26. Rachelle Ann Go’s Rise Against Gravity
27. ELy Buendia Rocks
28. Dingdong Avanzado’s Gangnam Style Dance with Ogie Alcasid
29. The Von Trapps
30. Yeng C and Paolo V’s rock kilig moment
Please visit our 2011 Year-end review HERE.
I♥MLA (Kasi Nga, It’s More Fun In The Philippines): A Sneak Preview
05 Sept 2012 | Music Museum
It’s soldout on its opening night, congratulations to Team I♥MLA! More soldout nights to come. Here’s a sneak preview of the concert featuring The Company, Bo Cerrudo and Jon Santos.
Kindred spirits that resonate with their common love for music, wit and irreverence, Jon, Bo and The Company take great pride in an enduring friendship tempered by trust, respect and artistic integrity.
Onstage, when they’re all on a roll and having fun, the performers act as one, their improvised spiels and dialogues showcasing their remarkable timing and stage presence - never afraid to go out on a limb, yet always bringing out the best in each other.
It’s not surprising that “I Love Manila” earned the nod of the Department of Tourism for its humble role in spreading the good news about the country’s premier capital, rekindling our rich cultural heritage, and best of all, uplifting the indomitable Pinoy spirit that continues to inspire and carry us through the best and worst of times.
Original Article from ClickTheCity HERE
Congratulations to The CompanY for winning the PMPC Star Awards For Music 2012 as DUO/GROUP ARTIST OF THE YEAR (The Company/Lighthearted 2/Viva Records) and CONCERT OF THE YEAR (It’s Complicated / Jose Mari Chan, The Company/ Beginnings at 20 Plus Incorporated/ Star Express). And you can also chekout their latest album release, The CompanY Lighthearted OPM, now out in music stores!
You can still catch I♥MLA (Kasi Nga, It’s More Fun In The Philippines) on September 19, October 3, 10, 17 and 24, and November 7, 14, 21 and 28, for ticket inquiries and reservations, please call Music Museum at (63 2) 721-6726 or (63 2) 721-0635.
I ♥ MLA (Kasi Nga, It’s More Fun in the Philippines)
The CompanY, Jon Santos and Bo Cerrudo
05 & 19 Sept 2012 | 10 Oct 2012 | 07, 14, 21 & 28 Nov 2012
at the Music Museum
For inquiries and showdate reservations, please call (0922) 820-8292 and 346-3942. For interested show buyers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shows endorsed by the Department of Tourism.
Jon Santos: In.Person.Nation
16 June 2012 | Teatrino
Jon Santos impersonated Gov. Vilma Santos, Armida Siguion-Reyna, Lady Gaga and Sen. Miriam Santiago, some of the incredible personalities of the nation today which he had given character and life through his craft in this recent show In.Person.Nation held at Teatrino. It’s a blast full of laughter. A benifit show for Bayan ni Juan sa Palawan.
Some of the show’s best lines include:
Jon Santos: In.Person.Nation
Jon Santos impersonating Nanay Dionisia “Dioning” Pacquiao taken from “RomCom” (A Romantic Comedy concert with The CompanY) held in Music Museum last January of this year. Get to watch this amazing talent in his upcoming series of shows in Teatrino, Promenade, Greenhills entitled In.Person.Nation which will be shown on June 15, 16, 22 and 23, 2012, with special guests: Mitch Valdes and Apo Hiking Society.
JON SANTOS: “In.PERSON.Nation”
15, 16, 22 & 23 June 2012 | 8pm | Teatrino Promenade
Jon is a versatile and one of the finest comedian and performer in the Philippines.
With special guests: Mitch Valdes and Apo Hiking Society
With appearances of Eraserheads now known as Cambio (composed of Buddy Zabala, Raymund Marasigan, Kris Dancel, Ebe Dancel, and Diego Mapa). ~Full article courtesy of http://findarticles.com
MYX Music Awards 2012: VJP’s TOP 10 Highlights
1. Parokya Ni Edgar is the big winner of the recently held MYX Music Awards 2012 in Music Museum, acquiring five awards including Favorite Artist, Favorite Group, Favorite MYX Live Performance, Favorite Song award for “Pangarap Lang Kita,” and Favorite Collaboration for “One Hit Combo” with Gloc 9, included in their latest album “Middle-aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers,”.
2. Mr. Ryan Cayabyab (Mr. C) is the MYX Magna Awardee, a special citation for his valuable contribution in the OPM industry. Performed for Mr. C’s greatest hits are the Asia’s premiere vocal harmony The Company (“Ako’y Hibang sa Awit”), Geneva Cruz (reprised Smokey Mountain’s “Kailan”), Jed Madela (“Paraiso”), The Songbird Regine Velasquez (“Araw-Gabi” and “Tuwing Umuulan Ay Kapiling Ka”) and the legendary balladeer Basil Valdez (“Nais Ko”). Video by myxphdotcom.
3. Pupil with “20/20” music video director Jason Tan accepting the award, winning the most sought after Favorite Music Video Award.
5. Because of MYX’s ‘70s inspired musical theme, which was referred to as “the golden age of OPM, mainly to invigorate the industry to promote originality in this era of overflowing covers and remakes, the celebration was also featured performances of the ‘70s Superband namely Snaffu Rigor, Nonoy Tan and Mon Espia who performed a medley of Manila Sound hits with Kyla, Champ Lui Pio, Juris, JayR, Christian Bautista, Karylle, Ebe Dancel and Sitti. MYX VJs were also wearing fab 70s attire. Video by myxphdotcom.
6. Francis “The Brew” Reyes shared a short yet moving testimony of life to Pinoy funk rock icon Karl Roy (Advent Call, P.O.T. and Kapatid frontman) and Bodjie Dasig’s (Law of Gravity vocalist and composer of “Ale, Nasa Langit Na Ba Ako?” and “Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko”) passing.
7. Crowd favorite acoustic jazz singer Zia Quizon won as the Favorite New Artist, who also performed her latest single “Dear Lonely”. Video by myxphdotcom.
8. Most hilarious presenter award goes to Jon Santos impersonating as Miriam Defensive Santiago. He is really funny cracking out punchlines relating to his impersonation. Video by myxphdotcom.
9. The awards night were opened by renditions of the songs nominated in the Favorite Song category: Paolo Valenciano and Yeng Constantino’s version of Parokya ni Edgar’s Pangarap Lang Kita, Rachelle Ann Go’s version of Pupil’s 20/20, J ulie Ann San Jose’s version of Somedaydream’s Hey Daydreamer, La Diva’s version of Gloc 9 feat Sheng Belmonte’s Walang Natira and KC Concepcion’s version of Zia Quizon’s Ako Na Lang. Video by myxphdotcom.
10. Here’s the complete list of winners of MYX Music Awards 2012:
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees of this year’s MYX Music Awards. Mabuhay ang OPM!
Catch the airing of the MMA 2012 on March 17 (Sunday) at 7 p.m., with replays on March 25 (Sunday), 11 a.m., and April 8 (Sunday), 6:30 p.m. For more information, please log on to www.myxph.com, Like them on Facebook, and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter.
MYX Music Awards 2012 | 13 Mar 2012 | Music Museum
Valentines 2012: Music treats from the heart! ♥♥♥
Today, 29th of February in a leap year is a sunny fine day for us. Glad to make all our deadlines on time and Feb has plenty of schedules to attend too. We’ve been blessed because it has been a productive month for VerJube Photographics. We’d love to share to you our coverage summary of the most sought after concerts in this year’s hearts month that we’ve experienced which our banner is showing you. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. We will be looking forward to a great loooong March!
Here’s VJP’s teaser of the concert, the collaboration of Jon’s charming impersonation of Ex-Pres. Erap Estrada as Sherrap Estrada with The Company’s music and vocal prowess. As the article has stated, it’s proudly Pinoy live entertainment! Congratulations Jon Santos and The CompanY!
Romcom showcased the best of what Jon Santos does and the best of what The CompanY does, showing what Jon and The CompanY [Moy (tenor 2/bass), Sweet Plantado (soprano), Annie Quintos (soprano/alto), Cecile Bautista (alto) and Jay Marquez (tenor)] can offer more than the finely-crafted comical skits and OPM love songs that they have had popularized. Full article HERE.
On top of my list is a The Company original, Kanin, Ulam, Sabaw at Ikaw which sets up the concert mood in a romantically Pinoy way, a song composed by Moy Ortiz and Edith Gallardo which I’d love to hear again and again and again. The CompanY also performed an astounding classical version of Jolina Magdangal’s Chuvachuchu, my second best. And their funny version of Cinderella’s Ang Boyfriend Kong Baduy will be on my third place. Video below where you can listen to this songs I’m talking about, dedicated to all my romantic hungry readers.
The CompanY’s Kanin, Ulam, Sabaw at Ikaw, video by mmpfd3.
Jolina Magdangal’s Chuvachuchu, video by axle16alex.
Jon Santos, collaborating the comedic side of his most famous impersonations portraying Pres. Noynoy Aquino, Ex-First Lady Imelda Marcos, Ex-Pres. FVR, Sen. Miriam Santiago, Gov. Vilma Santos, Ms. Universe 3rd Runner-up Chamsey Supsup, Charice Pempengco, Oprah Winfrey, Apl de Ap, Paris Hilton, Korina Sanchez, Kris Aquino and Bimbi, Aling Dionisia Pacquiao and Ex-Pres. Erap Estrada, deserved tons of laughter and applause.
Sharing you VJP’s teaser of the concert, the collaboration of Jon’s charming impersonation of Ex-Pres. Erap Estrada as Sherrap Estrada with The Company’s music and vocal prowess. As the article has stated, it’s proudly Pinoy live entertainment! Congratulations Jon Santos and The CompanY!
27 Jan 2012 | Music Museum
Rom Com (*Romantic Comedy)
27 Jan 2011 | Music Museum | 8pm
The CompanY and Jon Santos
The CompanY kicks off 2012 with a back to back show with Jon Santos.
Join them for a night of Music, Mayhem and Mischief at the Music Museum… let’s L.O.L. (love out loud), and Fall in Laff…
Tickets now available through The Music Museum 7216726 and 7210635
Philippines’ King of Love Songs Anthony Castelo
09 Dec 2011 @ Eastwood Mall Open Park| 7pm
10 Dec 2011 @ Venice Piazza | 7pm
Comic impersonator Jon Santos
10 Dec 2011 @ The Venice Piazza | 7pm
18 Dec 2011 @ Eastwood Mall Open Park | 7pm
Mother-Daughter singing act Kuh Ledesma and Isabella
11 Dec 2011 @ Eastwood Mall Open Park | 7pm
17 Dec 2011 @ The Venice Piazza | 7pm
VIVA Concerts and Events, Resorts Worls Manila and ALV Int’l, Inc.
JON to the WORLD
Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila
05 & 06 Dec 2011 | 8pm
Buy your tickets now!
VIP – 3000
Premiere left/right – 3000
Deluxe left/right – 2500
Balcony center/left/right – 2000
Jon Santos, who has been imitating famous local celebrities for over 19 years now, will impersonate the entire nation as a very early Christmas treat to Filipinos. So brace yourselves as Jon Santos puts on his most-loved characters such as Sherap Espada, Sen. Meeryam, Armida Sigyon-Makareyna, Charice Penpendesarapengco, Ate Vi, and Okrah Weenfree, to name a few. Directed by Freddie Santos, this concert will surely make your hearts laugh for the entire Christmas season! Tickets are available at the TicketWorld office (891-9999) and Viva Concerts & Events office (687-7236). ~viva.com.ph
My One and Only: A Special Mother’s Day Presentation
Pop Diva Kuh Ledesma & Isabella
A VJP Teaser
Music Museum | 6 & 7 May 2011
A totally OOO-some performance tribute not only to all moms but also to Carmen (Kuh’s mom). Performed with Pop diva Kuh Ledesma and daughter Isabella was Jon Santos who plays Mommy Dioning, one of the best comedy acts we’ve ever seen, and also Armida Seguion-Macareyna. Another VJP’s first.