Karl Roy’s Have A Piece of This is his last recorded album with the new band: KARL ROY (vocals), SHAUN HILARIO (drums), JAI HANOPOL (guitars), JAYEMAR TAPIA (guitars) and RJ SY (bass). GET IT NOW! LIMITED COPIES ONLY!
Kosa - Karl Roy and Pepe Smith on vocals, with Nikki Cabardo on keyboards
Limitado - with Wowie Posadas on Keyboards, Alex Cruz(Anakbayan) on Bass
Lakbay Diwa - Karl Roy and Nino Tapia on vocals
19 - Karl Roy and Ariana Roy on vocals
Sexy Thang - with Nikki Cabardo on keybords
Heaven Fallin - Karl Roy featuring Joe of Pure Vibracion Malaysia
Would You Cum - Karl Roy and Kat Agarrado on vocals
You can ORDER NOW at:
Email: email@example.com or text (0917)821-6314 for more details.
Send in your:
Shipping fee applies. Also accept orders for international shipping. CDs are also available at Mystic Brew Cafe & Curios, 511 Capitoline Hills St., BF Resort, Las Pinas City.
Here’s a video by allenumali featuring Piece of This performed by The Roy brothers Kevin and Keith (inging in behalf of Karl) with P.O.T guitarist Ian Umali & bassist Mally Paraguya.
21 Apr 2012 | Tiendesitas
A tribute celebration to the life of one of the most unique, funky and iconic musician in OPM featuring the music of Kevin Roy of Razorback, True Faith, Noel Cabangon, HIJO and other artists.
Rico Blanco’s tribute to Karl Roy with Nathan, Ira , Vin & Paul. Video by eloisa2bravo.
Dong Abay’s Senti, a tribute to Karl Roy with Ebe, Vin and Kevin Roy. Video by eloisa2bravo.
MYX Music Awards 2012: VJP’s TOP 10 Highlights
1. Parokya Ni Edgar is the big winner of the recently held MYX Music Awards 2012 in Music Museum, acquiring five awards including Favorite Artist, Favorite Group, Favorite MYX Live Performance, Favorite Song award for “Pangarap Lang Kita,” and Favorite Collaboration for “One Hit Combo” with Gloc 9, included in their latest album “Middle-aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers,”.
2. Mr. Ryan Cayabyab (Mr. C) is the MYX Magna Awardee, a special citation for his valuable contribution in the OPM industry. Performed for Mr. C’s greatest hits are the Asia’s premiere vocal harmony The Company (“Ako’y Hibang sa Awit”), Geneva Cruz (reprised Smokey Mountain’s “Kailan”), Jed Madela (“Paraiso”), The Songbird Regine Velasquez (“Araw-Gabi” and “Tuwing Umuulan Ay Kapiling Ka”) and the legendary balladeer Basil Valdez (“Nais Ko”). Video by myxphdotcom.
3. Pupil with “20/20” music video director Jason Tan accepting the award, winning the most sought after Favorite Music Video Award.
5. Because of MYX’s ‘70s inspired musical theme, which was referred to as “the golden age of OPM, mainly to invigorate the industry to promote originality in this era of overflowing covers and remakes, the celebration was also featured performances of the ‘70s Superband namely Snaffu Rigor, Nonoy Tan and Mon Espia who performed a medley of Manila Sound hits with Kyla, Champ Lui Pio, Juris, JayR, Christian Bautista, Karylle, Ebe Dancel and Sitti. MYX VJs were also wearing fab 70s attire. Video by myxphdotcom.
6. Francis “The Brew” Reyes shared a short yet moving testimony of life to Pinoy funk rock icon Karl Roy (Advent Call, P.O.T. and Kapatid frontman) and Bodjie Dasig’s (Law of Gravity vocalist and composer of “Ale, Nasa Langit Na Ba Ako?” and “Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko”) passing.
7. Crowd favorite acoustic jazz singer Zia Quizon won as the Favorite New Artist, who also performed her latest single “Dear Lonely”. Video by myxphdotcom.
8. Most hilarious presenter award goes to Jon Santos impersonating as Miriam Defensive Santiago. He is really funny cracking out punchlines relating to his impersonation. Video by myxphdotcom.
9. The awards night were opened by renditions of the songs nominated in the Favorite Song category: Paolo Valenciano and Yeng Constantino’s version of Parokya ni Edgar’s Pangarap Lang Kita, Rachelle Ann Go’s version of Pupil’s 20/20, J ulie Ann San Jose’s version of Somedaydream’s Hey Daydreamer, La Diva’s version of Gloc 9 feat Sheng Belmonte’s Walang Natira and KC Concepcion’s version of Zia Quizon’s Ako Na Lang. Video by myxphdotcom.
10. Here’s the complete list of winners of MYX Music Awards 2012:
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees of this year’s MYX Music Awards. Mabuhay ang OPM!
Catch the airing of the MMA 2012 on March 17 (Sunday) at 7 p.m., with replays on March 25 (Sunday), 11 a.m., and April 8 (Sunday), 6:30 p.m. For more information, please log on to www.myxph.com, Like them on Facebook, and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter.
MYX Music Awards 2012 | 13 Mar 2012 | Music Museum
Karl Roy (1968-2012)
VJP’s paying tribute to a Pinoy funk rock icon, the Advent Call, P.O.T. and Kapatid frontman Karl Roy who died because of heart attack (1:01 AM of March 13, 2012). In 2008, a benefit concert for him was held by his fellow artists to be able to help him survive his suffering from a heart ailment.
Karl Roy has already suffered multiple strokes in the past couple of years, and it has definitely changed his outlook on life, as can be seen in this video profile of him filmed in 2009 by atthewomb.com’s parent website pelicola.tv and Rogue Magazine. In this interview with former NU Rock Jock Dylan, Karl talks about a lot of things - from his greatest fears, to his near-death experience, to what kept him alive, and his message to the people who love him. ~atthewomb.com
It’s been great listening to his music with his band after seeing him in some musical events as we unravel our journey to music photography and we’re honored to document some of his moments onstage. Photo taken in the 5th Backdoor Ventures Arts & Music Festival (Feb 2010). RIP Karl Roy.
Leaving you with P.O.T’s “Yugyugan Na” and “Panaginip” video.
“I’m sorry for being me, for being me. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I have tried all my life to be, to live the ideal that they want me to be, but I failed. So, sorry na lang.” ~KARL ROY
Karl Roy of Kapatid
Arts & Music Festival | Feb 2010
Megatrade Hall Megamall
See more artists who performed in our Arts and Music Festival album.