Support OPM at Tiendesitas Summer Jam
20 & 27 Apr 2013 | 4, 11 & 18 May 2013
Tiendesitas Activity Center | 2pm Onwards
Checkout the best of Original Pinoy Music with the artists performing at Tiendesitas Summer Jam on the following dates:
20 Apr 2013
Performances by: Razorback, Trinidad, Kelevra & Gayuma
27 Apr 2013
Performances by: Up Dharma Down, Hidden Nikki, The Charmes & Maude
4 May 2013
Performances by: Tropical Depression, Color It Red, O.G. Sacred and FMD & Tricia Garcia
11 May 2013
Performances by: Ebe Dancel, Pancake 80, The Starseeds & Pintura
18 May 2013
Performances by: Pupil, El Kombo, Julien Drolon & Banda ni Kleggy
Ely Buendia’s Ageless Harmonies in A Trip Down Rock Memory Lane
Ely Buendia is popularly known as the frontman of the legendary Pinoy rock group called the Eraserheads, a songwriter, a musician, considered as one of the most respected music icons in the country and currently performs as the vocalist/guitarist for rock band Pupil and the newest Filipino rock super group Oktaves.
Ely Buendia Sings His Greatest Hits Live! (A Trip Down Rock Memory Lane) is his most recent stage performance, backed up by a 15-piece orchestra, held at Music Museum last 17 Nov 2012. He performed timeless hits like Alapaap, Ligaya, Maling Akala, Overdrive, Wag Mo Nang Itanong, Wag Kang Matakot, Maselang Bahaghari, With A Smile, Tikman and Lightyears. Ely would have the whole audience singing with this notable songs. Magasin is finely arranged for the string orchestra and a well-love song in the concert. Video below by Qritiko.
Higante and Wasak Waltz are songs he collaborated with Francis Magalona, released in the album In Love and War. Santo, Over 18 and Wanted Bedspacer were songs from Ely’s solo project. Huling El Bimbo is the concert’s finale song where Ely got to performed with rock icon Nitoy Adriano, a former member of Filipino rock band The Jerks and Ely’s co-member in Oktaves.
Oktaves is composed of Ely Buendia, Chris Padilla, Bobby Padilla, Ivan Garcia and Nitoy Adriano. Watch out for Oktave’s upcoming album under MCA Music Ph soon. Checkout Oktave’s brand new song entitled K.U.P.A.L. (K.P.L.) and it’s now avbl in iTunes and in mymusicstoreph. Video below by MrNeilDC.
If you missed the Music Museum greatest hits concert, you can still watch Ely backed up by a 10 PIECE ORCHESTRA in Ely Buendia Live! at San Beda Alabang, a Grand PASKONG BEDISTA 2012 Celebration on 17 Dec 2012, 8:30pm at the San Beda College Alabang Gymnasium (SBCA). Tickets available at ticketworld.com.ph or call 891-9999. Tickets at VIP – P1,030 | Patron – P515 | General Admission – P309.
ELY BUENDIA SINGS HIS GREATEST HITS LIVE!
(A Trip Down Rock Memory Lane)
17 Nov 2012 | Music Museum | 8pm
Ely Buendia, tagged as one of the Philippines’ rock icons with his invaluable contribution in the local music scene, formerly the vocalist of legendary band Eraserheads and now the frontman of popular band Pupil and newly formed Oktaves.
Take a trip down rock memory lane and reminisce his hits from the Eraserheads days as he holds a solo concert entitled “Ely Buendia Sings His Greatest Hits Live” this November 17, 8pm at the Music Museum. Backed up by a 15 piece orchestra, expect a great night of rock only Ely Buendia can provide.
“Ely Buendia Sings His Greatest Hits” is presented by MCA Music. With media partners Myx, Jam 88.3, 96.3 Easy Rock, Manila Concert Scene, Business World and Her Word.com.
For tickets call Ticket World at 891-9999, SM Tickets at 470-2222 or the Ticket Museum Ticketron at 721-6726 or in this LINK.
Here’s some of his performances featuring songs Magasin and With A Smile in Ely Buendia Performs His Greatest Hits held in Hard Rock Cafe, Makati City last Aug 2012.
Malayang Pilipino: The 2012 Independence Day Concert
12 June 2012 | Quirino Grandstand | 10pm
Malayang Pilipino: The 2012 Independence Day Concert is a FREE concert organized by RockEd Philippines in celebration of the Philippines’ 114th year of Independence which will take place at the Quirino Grandstand with the performance by local bands and singers including Sandwich, Pupil, Kamikazee, The Dawn, Radioactive Sago Project, Itchyworms, Pedicab and Flippin’ Soul Stompers along with Paolo Santos, Gloc-9 and Rico Blanco.
Here’s the Malayang Pilipino: The 2012 Independence Day Concert video invitation courtesy of RockEd Philippines.
2012 Independence Theme:
Kalayaan: Pananagutan ng Bayan Para sa Tuwid na Daan
The entire month of June 2012 will be dedicated for the commemoration of Philippine freedom, activities will be in line with the theme.
MYX Music Awards 2012: VJP’s TOP 10 Highlights
1. Parokya Ni Edgar is the big winner of the recently held MYX Music Awards 2012 in Music Museum, acquiring five awards including Favorite Artist, Favorite Group, Favorite MYX Live Performance, Favorite Song award for “Pangarap Lang Kita,” and Favorite Collaboration for “One Hit Combo” with Gloc 9, included in their latest album “Middle-aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers,”.
2. Mr. Ryan Cayabyab (Mr. C) is the MYX Magna Awardee, a special citation for his valuable contribution in the OPM industry. Performed for Mr. C’s greatest hits are the Asia’s premiere vocal harmony The Company (“Ako’y Hibang sa Awit”), Geneva Cruz (reprised Smokey Mountain’s “Kailan”), Jed Madela (“Paraiso”), The Songbird Regine Velasquez (“Araw-Gabi” and “Tuwing Umuulan Ay Kapiling Ka”) and the legendary balladeer Basil Valdez (“Nais Ko”). Video by myxphdotcom.
3. Pupil with “20/20” music video director Jason Tan accepting the award, winning the most sought after Favorite Music Video Award.
5. Because of MYX’s ‘70s inspired musical theme, which was referred to as “the golden age of OPM, mainly to invigorate the industry to promote originality in this era of overflowing covers and remakes, the celebration was also featured performances of the ‘70s Superband namely Snaffu Rigor, Nonoy Tan and Mon Espia who performed a medley of Manila Sound hits with Kyla, Champ Lui Pio, Juris, JayR, Christian Bautista, Karylle, Ebe Dancel and Sitti. MYX VJs were also wearing fab 70s attire. Video by myxphdotcom.
6. Francis “The Brew” Reyes shared a short yet moving testimony of life to Pinoy funk rock icon Karl Roy (Advent Call, P.O.T. and Kapatid frontman) and Bodjie Dasig’s (Law of Gravity vocalist and composer of “Ale, Nasa Langit Na Ba Ako?” and “Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko”) passing.
7. Crowd favorite acoustic jazz singer Zia Quizon won as the Favorite New Artist, who also performed her latest single “Dear Lonely”. Video by myxphdotcom.
8. Most hilarious presenter award goes to Jon Santos impersonating as Miriam Defensive Santiago. He is really funny cracking out punchlines relating to his impersonation. Video by myxphdotcom.
9. The awards night were opened by renditions of the songs nominated in the Favorite Song category: Paolo Valenciano and Yeng Constantino’s version of Parokya ni Edgar’s Pangarap Lang Kita, Rachelle Ann Go’s version of Pupil’s 20/20, J ulie Ann San Jose’s version of Somedaydream’s Hey Daydreamer, La Diva’s version of Gloc 9 feat Sheng Belmonte’s Walang Natira and KC Concepcion’s version of Zia Quizon’s Ako Na Lang. Video by myxphdotcom.
10. Here’s the complete list of winners of MYX Music Awards 2012:
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees of this year’s MYX Music Awards. Mabuhay ang OPM!
Catch the airing of the MMA 2012 on March 17 (Sunday) at 7 p.m., with replays on March 25 (Sunday), 11 a.m., and April 8 (Sunday), 6:30 p.m. For more information, please log on to www.myxph.com, Like them on Facebook, and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter.
MYX Music Awards 2012 | 13 Mar 2012 | Music Museum
08 Dec 2011
A simultaneous concert at SM MOA Concert Grounds, SM Cebu & SM Davao.
MOA Performances: Wolfgang, Urbandub, Wilabaliw, The Dawn, Hijo, Ang Bandang Shirley, Pedicab, The Jerks, Pupil, Taken By Cars, Paramita, Stonefree, Razorback, True Faith, Sandwich, Callalily, 6cyclemind, Tanya Markova, Not So Fast, SinoSikat, General Luna, Someday Dream, Mobbstarr, Badburn, Hilera, Gloc9, Parokya ni Edgar, Archipelago and Franco.
SM Cebu Performances: Rico Blanco, Never The Strangers and Greyhoundz
SM Davao Performances: Ebe Dancel, Salamin and Ney
Please be reminded of The Prohibitions on Y! ROCKS in order to enter the concert premises.
MTV EXIT | 29 Oct 2011 | SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds
Jay Park, Evaline, Parokya Ni Edgar, Pupil, Ebe Dancel and Itchyworms performing LIVE!!!
Visit www.MTVEXIT.org for more information.
“MTV EXIT: End Exploitation and Trafficking”
When: October 29, 2011
Where: SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds.
This will be a FREE CONCERT. Please visit www.MTVEXIT.org for more information.