Zia Quizon victoriously won 3 outstanding awards at the 25th Awit Awards held at the Glorietta Activity Center in Makati City on 27 Nov 2012 including the Song of the Year, Best Performance by a Female Recording Artist, and Best Performance by a New Female Recording Artist all for the song Ako Na Lang, composed by Jungee Marcelo, from her debut album Simple Girl. This album also won the Best Engineered Recording awarded to Mr. Nikki Cunanan.
Among this year’s winners are:
ALBUM OF THE YEAR: Panaginip by Noel Cabangon
BEST-SELLING ALBUM OF THE YEAR: One Heart by Sarah Geronimo
BEST ALBUM PACKAGE: Kinse Kalibre by Slapshock, an album concept by Team Manila
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A MALE RECORDING ARTIST: Questions by Bamboo
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A NEW MALE RECORDING ARTIST: Ligaw by Ney Dimaculangan
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD RECORDING ARTIST: Born This Way by Maria Aragon
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A GROUP RECORDING ARTIST: Ulap by Take Off
BEST PERFORMANCE BY A NEW GROUP RECORDING ARTIST: Kiss (Never Let Me Go) by Thyro Alfaro and Yumi Lacsamana
BEST BALLAD RECORDING: Hindi Kita Iiwan by Sam Milby
BEST DANCE RECORDING: Connection by Chelo Aestrid feat. Q-York and Jay-R
BEST RAP RECORDING: Walang Natira by Gloc-9 feat. Sheng Belmonte
BEST R&B RECORDING: Kiss (Never Let Me Go) by Thyro Alfaro and Yumi Lacsamana
BEST ROCK/ALTERNATIVE RECORDING: Save Me by Letter Day Story
BEST INSPIRATIONAL/RELIGIOUS RECORDING: Sino Ako by Fatima Soriano
BEST JAZZ RECORDING: Sa Iyo Lang by Tricia Garcia
BEST WORLD MUSIC RECORDING: Para Sa Tao by Humanfolk
BEST NOVELTY RECORDING: Nananana by Randy Santiago, Rico J. Puno and John Estrada
BEST CHRISTMAS RECORDING: Pasko Ng Pagbibigayan by Noel Cabangon
BEST SONG WRITTEN FOR MOVIE/TV: Sabay Tayo (Biggest Loser Pinoy Edition) by Mayonnaise
BEST COLLABORATION PERFORMANCE: Walang Natira by Gloc-9 feat. Sheng Belmonte
BEST VOCAL ARRANGEMENT: O Holy Night by Jay-R
BEST MUSICAL ARRANGEMENT: Tuloy Na Tuloy Pa Rin Ang Pasko by Albert Tamayo
MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR: 20/20 by Pupil
I-GATEWAY MOBILE PHILIPPINES INC’S MOST DOWNLOADED SONG FOR 2011: Nang Dahil Sa Pag-ibig by Bugoy Drilon
I-GATEWAY MOBILE PHILIPPINES INC.’S MOST DOWNLOADED ARTIST FOR 2011: Sabrina
EGG’S ALLHITS.PH MOST DOWNLOADED SONG FOR 2011: Sino Nga Ba Siya by Sarah Geronimo
ABS-CBN INTERACTIVE’S MOST DOWNLOADED SONG FOR 2011: Hey Daydreamer by Somedaydream
ABS-CBN INTERACTIVE’S MOST DOWNLOADED ARTIST FOR 2011: Somedaydream
SPECIAL CITATION: Jose Mari Chan
DANGAL NG MUSIKANG PILIPINO AWARD:
Related Link: Zia also won the MYX Awards 2012’s Favorite New Artist.
Again, here’s Zia’s Ako Na Lang, her multi-awarded song from the album Simple Girl and this year’s Awit Awards’ Song of the Year.
JOEY G Stand
15 Aug 2012 | Music Museum
With more than 20 years in the music industry, Side A frontman Joey Generoso also known as “Joey G”, continues to do what he does best. He will be singing his heart out for his solo concert called, “Joey G Stand” on August 15, 2012, 8:30pm at the Music Museum, with the special participation of Side A bassist, Joey Benin and Zia Quizon.
Relive the hits and enjoy the cresting melodies of this vocal king as he serenades you with those ballads that made you want to fall in love. Rediscover Joey G, as he let’s you hear fresh songs from his new album, “STAND” released under Warner Music Philippines.
For ticket inquiries call Music Museum at 7216726 and 0923-1124462/ 0932-8539099.
Full article by Agimat.Net HERE.
Zia Quizon’s Album Tour 2012
With photo op & album signing after the show, Zia still promoting her six-track release full of feel good music includes three original composition and three revivals. Tapping into elements of soul, jazz and pop, Zia beautifully shapes these songs to become her step toward something – Zia’s simplicity and her artistic breakthrough — that has its own considerable rewards.
Acoustic jazz singer Zia Quizon won as the Favorite New Artist in MYX Music Awards 2012.
Zia’s first single, Ako Na Lang. Video by zzkofficial.
Dear Lonely, Zia’s 2nd single from the Simple Girl album. Video by zzkofficial.
Zia Quizon LIVE! in Radio Republic
22 May 2012
It’s an absolutely entertaining night from Radio Republic’s Muchikahan with musicians Maestro Ryan Cayabyab and Jay Durias. They jammed with the acoustic jazz diva Zia Quizon, singing the night away with awesome lighthearted OPM hit versions including APO’s Pumapatak Na Naman Ang Ulan, Rivermaya’s Hinahanap-Hanap Kita, her original Ako Na Lang and Eraserhead’s Spolarium.
Tune in every other tuesday nights with the Muchikahan masters only at www.radiorepublic.ph.
Photos are screencaps from their website, their final song “Spolarium”.
Radio Republic: Zia Quizon covers Pumapatak Na Naman Ang Ulan LIVE!
22 May 2012
Zia Quizon guesting in Muchikahan hosted by master musicians Maestro Ryan Cayabyab and Jay Durias in www.radiorepublic.ph, TUNE IN NOW!
Let’s enjoy the night away with their music, small talks and OPM.
Photos are screencaps from the website, opening song “Pumapatak Na Naman Ang Ulan.” | 22 May 2012 | 8pm
Gary V On Higher Ground: VJP Spotted
12 Apr 2012 | Music Museum
Remaining showdates: Apr 26 & 27 and May 9 & 10
VJP Spotted: Jericho Rosales (who owns those hands clapping), Kim Jones, Divine Diva Zsa Zsa Padilla, Karylle, Zia Quizon, Spongecola’s vocalist Yael Yuzon, Gab Valenciano, Coleen Garcia, Jhong Hilario, G Toengi, Audie Gemora, Carlo Orosa, Malou Fagar, his ASAP family were the guests and friends who attended and who are in full support of Gary V’s concert series.
Follow my links to Gary V’s On Higher Ground (12 Apr 2012):
21 Apr 2012 | Nuvali, Laguna @ 6pm
For more information, please contact 0917-5.ASK.NUV (275.688) or visit www.nuvali.ph
MYX Music Awards 2012: VJP’s TOP 10 Highlights
1. Parokya Ni Edgar is the big winner of the recently held MYX Music Awards 2012 in Music Museum, acquiring five awards including Favorite Artist, Favorite Group, Favorite MYX Live Performance, Favorite Song award for “Pangarap Lang Kita,” and Favorite Collaboration for “One Hit Combo” with Gloc 9, included in their latest album “Middle-aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers,”.
2. Mr. Ryan Cayabyab (Mr. C) is the MYX Magna Awardee, a special citation for his valuable contribution in the OPM industry. Performed for Mr. C’s greatest hits are the Asia’s premiere vocal harmony The Company (“Ako’y Hibang sa Awit”), Geneva Cruz (reprised Smokey Mountain’s “Kailan”), Jed Madela (“Paraiso”), The Songbird Regine Velasquez (“Araw-Gabi” and “Tuwing Umuulan Ay Kapiling Ka”) and the legendary balladeer Basil Valdez (“Nais Ko”). Video by myxphdotcom.
3. Pupil with “20/20” music video director Jason Tan accepting the award, winning the most sought after Favorite Music Video Award.
5. Because of MYX’s ‘70s inspired musical theme, which was referred to as “the golden age of OPM, mainly to invigorate the industry to promote originality in this era of overflowing covers and remakes, the celebration was also featured performances of the ‘70s Superband namely Snaffu Rigor, Nonoy Tan and Mon Espia who performed a medley of Manila Sound hits with Kyla, Champ Lui Pio, Juris, JayR, Christian Bautista, Karylle, Ebe Dancel and Sitti. MYX VJs were also wearing fab 70s attire. Video by myxphdotcom.
6. Francis “The Brew” Reyes shared a short yet moving testimony of life to Pinoy funk rock icon Karl Roy (Advent Call, P.O.T. and Kapatid frontman) and Bodjie Dasig’s (Law of Gravity vocalist and composer of “Ale, Nasa Langit Na Ba Ako?” and “Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko”) passing.
7. Crowd favorite acoustic jazz singer Zia Quizon won as the Favorite New Artist, who also performed her latest single “Dear Lonely”. Video by myxphdotcom.
8. Most hilarious presenter award goes to Jon Santos impersonating as Miriam Defensive Santiago. He is really funny cracking out punchlines relating to his impersonation. Video by myxphdotcom.
9. The awards night were opened by renditions of the songs nominated in the Favorite Song category: Paolo Valenciano and Yeng Constantino’s version of Parokya ni Edgar’s Pangarap Lang Kita, Rachelle Ann Go’s version of Pupil’s 20/20, J ulie Ann San Jose’s version of Somedaydream’s Hey Daydreamer, La Diva’s version of Gloc 9 feat Sheng Belmonte’s Walang Natira and KC Concepcion’s version of Zia Quizon’s Ako Na Lang. Video by myxphdotcom.
10. Here’s the complete list of winners of MYX Music Awards 2012:
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees of this year’s MYX Music Awards. Mabuhay ang OPM!
Catch the airing of the MMA 2012 on March 17 (Sunday) at 7 p.m., with replays on March 25 (Sunday), 11 a.m., and April 8 (Sunday), 6:30 p.m. For more information, please log on to www.myxph.com, Like them on Facebook, and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter.
MYX Music Awards 2012 | 13 Mar 2012 | Music Museum
Steal Your Soul, a soulful collaboration of Markki Stroem and Zia Quizon, written and arranged by Markki himself. Something new to my ears after having watched Markki’s performances on the usual pop songs, now on a jazzy and sexy music like this for me is way better with a hint of Zia’s voice, it’s perfect.
Markki Stroem is promoting his upcoming concert with The G Force, Make Me Sweat: A Sexy Valentine show, he should be performing this song and steal your souls away. Call TicketWorld at (+632) 891.9999 or MUSIC MUSEUM 721-6726 for tickets.
MAKE ME SWEAT : A Sexy Valentine Show
04 Feb 2012 | Music Museum
Zia Quizon just released the music video of her 2nd single from her Simple Girl album, Dear Lonely. Simple Girl under Polyeast Records still out in your favorite record stores nationwide. Buy only the original.
Feel the love and music of Mamma Mia! with Zsa Zsa Padilla and Zia Quizon on January 20, 6pm at the TriNoma Activity Center.
See you there! =)
Zia Quizon’s 1st Music Video featuring the carrier single AKO NA LANG from her self titled album “ZIA” under Polyeast Records, featuring Enrique Gil.
VOTE FOR ZIA on MYX!!!
MYX REQUEST AKO NA LANG send to 2366
I super love this song! ;) Support Zia, Like her on facebook.
Sharing you guys this Simple Girl album signed by Zia herself in Teatrino on her album launch. Get yourself a copy of it and discover her amazing music.
Autographed at Zia’s Simple Girl Album Launch
22 Sept 2011 | Teatrino
Simple Girl Album Launch
22 Sept 2011 | Teatrino
She’s awesome! Her voice is jazzy like Norah Jones with a lil hint of Zsa-zsa Padilla! Oh! I love her! Grab her album now under Polyeast Records. Here’s our VJP teaser.
Watch her album sampler and you’ll believe me she’s an amazing simple girl! Video bu zzkofficial)
Her breezily uplifting blend of pop, soul, jazz and retro R&B is here to sway you away as Polyeast Records proudly announces the release of Zia Quizon self-titled mini-CD album.
Showcasing her talent as one of OPM’s young singer/songwriter could probably go beyond being a daughter of the Comedy King Dolphy and OPM’s Divine Diva ZsaZsa Padilla because Zia is here to prove that she’s is a breath of fresh air in her debut album.
Featuring her first single “Simple Girl” is notably one of her masterpieces since she started learning her craft. Zia wrote the song and obviously mirrors a young simple girl she really is.
This memorable six-track release full of feel good music includes three original composition and three revivals. Tapping into elements of soul, jazz and pop, Zia beautifully shapes these songs to become her step toward something – Zia’s simplicity and her artistic breakthrough — that has its own considerable rewards.
Zia’s self-titled debut album is now available in stores near you released by Polyeast Records for only Php 200.
For more updates please visit us on facebook.com/PolyEast Records.
1. SO MUCH IN LOVE
2. AKO NA LANG
3. DEAR LONELY
5. SIMPLE GIRL
*original article from Polyeast Records